ISO 45001 Safety Management System
Changes to Safety Management System Standards
Replacing the previous standard OHSAS 18001, ISO 45001 Safety Management System provides a framework for preventing injury & ill health and to provide a safe and healthy workplace. At Bambus Solutions we can assist you to
- Implement ISO 45001 into your business operations, in a way that integrates it into your current structures and systems and aligns it with company strategy.
- Migrate from OHSAS 18001 to the ISO 45001 standard
- Integrate ISO 45001 with other management systems already in place including ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Complete a gap analysis of your current systems, documents and practices against the ISO 45001 standard
- Provide one off or on going internal auditing and support services… See more
So why implement a safety management system?
The Health and safety statistics for Ireland show that there were 45 fatalities in 2016 and almost 632,000 workdays were lost due to work-related injuries. Implementing an Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Management System reduces the risk for your employees, your organisation and all other interested parties.
The benefits of implementing the system include:
- Provides a framework to identify, prioritise and control risks, so you focus on what’s important
- Integration of OHS into the organisations overall strategy and plans and into the standard working practices of the company
- Identification of opportunities to improve OH&S performance
- Reduction in accidents, ill health and associated costs.
- Positive safety culture, engagement of employees, staff satisfaction
- Minimising risk in the supply chain and engagement of providers of goods and services in health & safety.